Women’s Congressional Policy Institute
Location: Washington D.C., United States Experience Type: Internship Programs
The Women’s Congressional Policy Institute has been the home of the Congressional Fellowships on Women and Public Policy (formerly the WREI Fellowships) since 2014. The fellowships are extended each year to a select number of students pursuing a graduate degree or those who have recently completed a master’s, doctorate, or professional degree with a proven commitment to equity for women. Fellows gain practical policymaking experience and graduate credit as they work from January to July in congressional offices.
The Fellowships are designed to train potential leaders in public policy formation to examine issues from the perspective, experiences, and needs of women.
- Students who currently are enrolled in a graduate program, or who have completed such a program within two years of the fellowship start date, are eligible.
- Applicants must have completed at least nine hours of graduate coursework before applying and display serious interest in research and policymaking relevant to issues affecting women and their families.
- You must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Benefits of the WCPI fellowship program
In addition to working at a single Federal agency, you may have the option to participate in a rotational opportunity at another agency. These rotational opportunities will challenge you even further and give you insight into how other areas of government operate.
The following items are required as part of the application. No exceptions will be made for incomplete applications after the deadline.
- Official academic transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Responses to two essay questions
- Fully completed application form submitted by the deadline
- Application Deadline: First week is June each year
- Fellowship Timeframe: January-June each year
For more information, stop by the O’Neill Career Hub or email us at email@example.com.
|Apply By:||Jun 6, 2022|