Enterprise promotes growth in their employees and encourages them to advance their expertise. These are values that I find extremely important. I am beyond excited to put them into practice.
Incoming Intern Spotlight: Jack Boyle Future Enterprise Intern

We checked in on Management student Jack Boyle and his thoughts on joining Enterprise as an intern this summer!

Can you tell us a little about the internship and what you will be doing this coming summer?

The internship that I accepted was a management internship from Enterprise Rent-a-Car for Summer 2024. I will be working as an intern for the Muncie branch, and will gain real-world experience in the industry, as well as valuable knowledge of the ins and outs of a management position.  

What about this internship appealed to you and what made you say yes to the internship offer? 

I had heard a lot about the benefits of working for Enterprise and was intrigued by the operations of their business. Being a management major at O’Neill certainly factored into my decision, as I am sure I will gain valuable management experience and will be able to effectively utilize skills that I have learned through my education here at IU. I also felt that the individuals I was fortunate enough to meet with during my interview process actively welcomed my eagerness to get started with the company and my excitement to learn from them. 

How did you find your internship, and any tips for other students on how to start looking and land a summer internship? 

I found this internship through my O’Neill connections. SPEA has so many tools and resources for finding internship positions, whether it is the Career Hub website or O’Neill career fairs, and I suggest taking advantage of these opportunities to help find an internship you will be satisfied with. Websites such as LinkedIn and Handshake are extremely useful as well and can be convenient when trying to get your foot in the door.  

What are you most looking forward to about your internship? 

I can’t wait to gain all the knowledge and experience that this internship position has to offer. Enterprise promotes growth in their employees and encourages them to advance their expertise. These are values that I find extremely important. I am beyond excited to put them into practice.

By Miranda Redman
Miranda Redman Associate Director of Career Services