Why I chose Cherry Bekaert! Incoming Intern Spotlight

Congratulations O’Neill MPA student Grace Brautigam who just accepted a position with Cherry Bekaert this upcoming summer as a Government & Public Sector Advisory Intern! Check out our quick interview with Grace below.

Career Hub: Can you tell us a little about the internship and what you will be doing this coming summer?

Grace: I will be working with Cherry Bekaert’s Government & Public Sector Advisory Team to help public sector organizations become more efficient. As an intern, I’ll be conducting research, drafting presentations, and attending client meetings. I will also complete a capstone project.

Career Hub: What about this internship appealed to you and what made you say yes to the internship offer?

Grace: The main thing that drew me to this internship was the variety of projects interns have

the opportunity to work on. I also wanted to gain experience with public sector consulting to see if this is a career path I am interested in. What made me say yes to the offer was the great conversations I had with everyone who came from Cherry Bekaert to speak with students in person.

Career Hub: How did you find your internship, and any tips for other students on how to start looking and land a summer internship?

Grace: I made sure to check Handshake and the Career Hub internship site regularly. Also, I went to all three career fairs to follow up on positions I was interested in and learn about new ones.

Career Hub: What are you most looking forward to about your internship?

Grace: The thing that I am most looking forward to is interacting with real clients and gaining experience and new skills. I’m also really excited to move to the D.C. area this summer!

By Miranda Redman
Miranda Redman Associate Director of Career Services