Teal is a job tracker that students can use to organize and keep track of jobs and internships that they have applied for. This tool helps students have a more productive job search by allowing them to bookmark jobs with a Google Chrome Extension that can be used on LinkedIn.
Using a job tracking website like Teal can help make your job search easier, as it will allow you to stay organized. If you are applying for multiple roles at a time, you will want to make sure you know where you are at in the process for each job. Using Teal will allow you to do this and have a more productive job search.
How to Use Teal:
- Find a job you want to apply for on LinkedIn.
- With the Google Chrome Extension installed, the Teal logo will appear at the bottom right corner of your screen. To save this job, click on the Teal logo
- Now, you can rank your excitement for the role, and add any notes you need to.
- By returning to the Teal website, you will see that the role has been saved for you
- If you click on the job you have saved, Teal will show you keywords in the job posting that you can use in your Resume and Cover Letter.
- When you are ready to apply, click the “Applying” tab, and Teal will give you recommendations on what to do before applying for the role, like customizing your resume and cover letter.
- Once you have applied for the role, click on the “Applied” tab. This will show you the next steps including dates for when you should follow up.
- If you get an interview and then accept an offer, the “Negotiating” and “Accepted” tabs will be helpful in tracking your progress.
- If you want to manually add a job, return to the home page of Teal, then click on the “Add a New Job” tab on the right-hand side