Want to gain healthcare experience? Join our awesome team – we’re hiring nationwide!
- A pre-med student (or interested in the healthcare field)
- Interested in shadowing a doctor
- Looking to join an awesome team, earn crazy-competitive wages, and gain unmatched healthcare experience?
- Any or all of the above?
What is scribing? It’s a life-changing experience. You’ll be on the “front line” of the medical field, completely immersed in the healthcare ecosystem. You’ll work elbow-to-elbow with physicians or nurses each day. Most importantly, you’ll make a difference in people’s lives and be a part of the future of healthcare.
Whether it’s helping you gain entrance into medical/nursing school, giving you priceless advice and insight, or just leading by example as a consummate professional, your partnering physician will profoundly affect your future as a healthcare professional. Your scribe experience—the people you meet, the relationships you develop, and the encounters you witness— will change your life!
Why ScribeAmerica is the best:
Work one-on-one with physicians and other healthcare providers
- Gain exposure to over 80+ different specialties
- Observe a wide variety of cases, from trauma to pediatrics
- Build your professional network and find mentorship in your partnering physicians, with potential for letters of recommendation
- Paid training to all hired employees that provides a crash course in medicine including terminology, disease processes, procedures, medications, medical decision making, and more
- Great alternative career for those with CNA, MA, EMT, or Paramedic backgrounds
- Flexible scheduling for college students, with in-person and remote opportunities
- Unique travel options and a great team culture
As a scribe you will:
- Accompany the healthcare provider into patient examination rooms in order to transcribe the patient’s history, physical exam findings, consultations, labs, X-rays, and other evaluations, as stated by the provider, directly into the medical record
- Prepare plans for follow-up care, as directed by the provider
- Process admitted and discharge paperwork
- Provide advanced support to providers, including documenting phone calls, alerting the physician with labs/radiology reports are complete, grabbing faxes, etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Outpatient and Hospitalists schedules will require weekday availability. (ie: M-F 8-5)
- The minimum availability required for our medical scribe position is 2 shifts per week; shifts range from 8 to 12 hours long*
- It is the Company’s hope that this will be a long-term position.* This is not intended to be a seasonal position
- Candidates must be available to work in the local area for at least a year. No summer-only positions.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a passion for medicine and a desire to grow
- Must be adaptable and be willing to take constructive criticism
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods.
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute preferred
- Ability to move about and follow a healthcare provider for extended periods of time
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Must have a computer or access to a computer for virtual/online training
- Background in pre-health sciences, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, kinesiology, or other similar field preferred. No previous clinical experience required.
About the company:
ScribeAmerica, recognized as a Forbes America’s Best Employers, now offers scribes higher wages along with the best and most supportive training in the industry. Our scribes have access to the greatest variety of opportunities spanning 80+ different specialties, including Emergency Medicine, Primary Care, Orthopedics, Cardiology and more. We are the nation’s most frequently used and largest professional scribe training and management company, present in over 2,500 healthcare facilities in 50 states, employing more than 15,000 scribes.
Top healthcare organizations across the country trust ScribeAmerica as their partner of choice. Experience the thrill of working with their world-renowned physicians. If you love it as much as we do, stay and launch a long-term career with ScribeAmerica!
Come join our community today!
*Any potential employment with the Company is at-will. Nothing within this document/application, nor any Company policy or statements should be considered a commitment to employment for any definite period of time, and scheduling, hours worked, and project assignment(s), etc. may change based on business needs.”