This job posting is for students who are looking for an internship program beginning in May 2023 and are in the penultimate year of their graduate program.
Rios Partners Overview
Rios Partners is a management consulting firm with a broad range of experience in organizational design, supply-chain transformation, and human-centered design (HCD). We provide consulting services to clients in the Washington, D.C. metro area. We work with commercial, government, and non-profit clients and care deeply about supporting projects where we know we can have a meaningful impact. To deliver value, we systematically analyze problems to identify root causes, partner with our clients to develop actionable solutions, and help guide strategy and implementation. We value diversity and teamwork because we believe that the best conclusions are the result of careful analysis of the facts by a team of individuals with unique backgrounds, experiences, and educations working towards a clear objective. We also believe that good ideas always trump seniority; junior team members are expected to bring their opinions to the table and challenge those of others.
When screening candidates, alignment with Rios Partners values is our first priority. We expect all employees to both uphold our values personally and keep all other team members accountable.
1. Act with the highest integrity at all times.
2. Strive each day to achieve excellence.
3. Serve people to help them reach their greatest potential.
4. Be transparent in everything we do.
5. Be kind and respectful to others regardless of race, religion, creed, sex, and other elements of identity.
Summer Intern Consultants develop solutions for clients in organizational design, strategy, supply-chain and network operations, and process efficiency and effectiveness. We are looking for graduate-level students in the penultimate year of their degree with 5+ years of work experience who are interested in growing with our company and having a positive long-term impact on the people and organizations that they engage after they complete their studies.
The summer internship program will run for approximately 8 weeks from May 30-July 21, 2023. Summer Intern Consultants will work 40 hours per week. Work is performed in a hybrid environment; Summer Intern Consultants will work with Rios Partners employees, clients, and other partner organizations on-site at the Rios Partners office in Arlington, VA, at client sites, and virtually from home. Schedules will be decided based on client and project needs. Summer Intern Consultants must be willing to work on-site at least one day per week.
Summer Intern Consultants must be able to:
- Build relationships with Rios Partners employees and clients. This job requires extensive team interaction with both co-workers and clients. Being polite, inclusive, and respectful is crucial.
- Frame problems in a manner that identifies the root cause. We are looking for individuals who can dig beyond initial symptoms and pinpoint core challenges before developing solutions.
- Analyze data quickly and efficiently. Rios Partners is a data-driven organization; we support our hypotheses with accurate analysis. The ability to quickly identify required data, gather it, and analyze it in an efficient manner is critical to success.
- Brief materials to stakeholders and senior clients. This role in the company is often entrusted to interact one-on-one with leadership and management from client firms.
- Communicate in a professional and persuasive manner. We expect all members of the team to be able to clearly and coherently present their work to outside parties.
- Deliver results. In short, we get stuff done and we are looking for team members who do not give up when they encounter challenges and know how to effectively transition from analysis to implementation. Rios Partners is looking for tenacity.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Currently in the penultimate year of a graduate-level program (e.g., Master of Public Policy, Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Administration, etc.)
- 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency with Excel and Power Point
- Strong data analysis and quantitative skills
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
- Track record of service to the candidate’s communities, the nation, and the world
- Experience supporting organizational design, strategy, supply-chain and network operations, and process efficiency and effectiveness
- Knowledge of Power BI, Tableau, and/or Python
- Experience managing teams of 2-4 direct reports
- Experience managing senior-client relationships
- U.S. work authorization required
- Security Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance
- Must be willing to reside in the Washington D.C. metro area and be willing to commute to the Rios Partners office on a weekly basis
Winter 2022-2013 Recruitment Timeline
- December 15: University Recruitment: Summer Intern Consultant applications close (11:59 PM ET)
- December 16: Job Fit Assessment (sent via email upon submission of application) due (11:59 PM ET)
- January 16-20: 45-minute Candidate Screens conducted
- January 25: Case Interview invitations extended
- February 10: 50-minute virtual Case Interviews conducted
- February 17: Offers extended
- March 3: Offer response deadline
Rios Partners is an E-Verify Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rios Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected-Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates may request a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the Rios Partners application and interview process. Please contact email@example.com to communicate your needs and request an accommodation.
In accordance with Rios Partners’ duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we adopted a COVID-19 vaccine policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19. This policy is fully informed by, complies with, and reflects applicable laws and guidance issued by the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, the Virginia Department of Health, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Our policy requires all employees to certify they have been vaccinated or have been approved for a reasonable accommodation exemption.