American Red Cross – Nonprofit Leadership Careers
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that…
…all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
…our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
…everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
…all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
…in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
The LEAD Rotational Program: Impact Your Career and the Red Cross Mission
The American Red Cross Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) Rotational Program is a three-year development program designed to offer recent MBA, MPA, MA, and MPP graduates a paid, full-time employment opportunity that leads to mission-critical positions within the organization.
Partnering with graduate schools across the country, the Red Cross allows you to embrace experiential learning and mentorship.
- Three, one-year rotational assignments expose LRP associates to Red Cross culture, operational management. and an enterprise-wide perspective to build leadership capabilities.
- LRP associates also participate in the Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) program, joining high-potential Red Cross leaders for intensive leadership development, coaching, mentoring, and access to senior and executive leaders across the organization.
- Exposure to transformational nonprofit management, planning and innovation
- Access to executive leadership
- Senior executive mentors
- Fulfilling roles and responsibilities
- Full time, paid employment
- Career growth in an industry with meaning
“I personally championed the idea of a master’s level rotational program to help bring highly educated talent to the American Red Cross. I feel that it is imperative for our humanitarian organization to embrace new perspectives and to help develop the next generation of Red Cross leaders.”
– Gail McGovern, President and Chief Executive Officer of the American Red Cross