The O’Neill Career Hub is committed to being an accessible resource to support you in any stage of your career development. There are a multitude of ways to engage with our office this Fall semester to fit your schedule and needs. You can contact or engage with the Career Hub through the following methods:
Appointments – Any student can schedule an appointment to meet with a member of the Career Hub team in Handshake. You can schedule an appointment here. Appointments cover a variety of topics including career exploration, resume writing, interview prep, salary negotiation, and internship searching and many more. Appointments can be conducted via Zoom or phone.
Chat Function – On the Career Hub Website you will find a red messenger button in the bottom right corner which allows you to enter your question directly to Career Hub staff. The chat is an easy way to get answers to your quick questions or directed to the appropriate resources.
Phone – The Career Hub can be reached via phone at (812) 855-9639.
Zoom – The Career Hub has a virtual Front Desk, open Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm, for quick questions.
Have you signed into Handshake yet? Be sure to make sign into handshake and create your account to connect with employers, search and apply for jobs, apply for internships, search for events, schedule interviews and connect with Career Hub team members. Watch the videos here to learn how to sign up, schedule appointments, personalize your profile, and navigate the website. For additional tips on how to get the most value out of your Handshake Account click here.
5 Tips to Complete Your Handshake Profile
- Upload a Professional Photo – Similar to LinkedIn, add a headshot that clearly shows your face so employers and colleagues can recognize the profile.
- Fill out “My Journey” – Write a paragraph or two providing some context for who you are, your experience, passion, skillset, and how you want to see those converge moving forward. Think about this as an elevator pitch or the “About” section on your LinkedIn.
- Upload your resume – Once you upload a resume to Handshake it will automatically add your experiences to your profile. Additionally, feel free to add all your experiences as unlike a resume everything doesn’t need to fit on one page. Remember to include volunteer experience as well.
- Include additional info – Add organizations, extracurriculars, courses, projects, and skills. This platform offers you the opportunity to showcase the variety of skills and experiences you bring so the more detail you include the stronger your profile.
- Check your settings – Be sure your profile is visible to employers, students, and alumni to take advantage of the network building capacity of Handshake. Additionally, be sure to have notifications set so you know if an employer messages you, if there are upcoming events or upcoming appointments.
Upcoming Focus Fairs
Finance & Management Career Focus Fair: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 | 2PM-5PM EST.
Healthcare Management Career Focus Fair: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 | 2PM-5PM EST.
Government, Public Policy, & Consulting Career Focus Fair: Thursday, September 24, 2020 | 2PM-5PM EST.
Human Resources Career Focus Fair: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 | 2PM-5PM EST.
Environment, Energy, Sustainability, Career Focus Fair: Thursday, October 1, 2020 | 2PM-5PM EST.
Handshake Virtual Fair Preparation Resources
Never attended a Virtual Fair before? Check out the resources below to make the most of your virtual fair experience and connect with employers.