Eric Ashby CAE Peer Educator Introduction

Hello and welcome to the Creative Arts Engagement (CAE) Career Community!

My name is Eric Ashby and I am a Graduate Assistant and Peer Educator for the O’Neill Career Hub. Myself along with Career Consultant Julia Driscoll curate the weekly newsletters and other events/initiatives related to the CAE Career Community. I wanted to provide a brief introduction to tell you more about me and the CAE Career Community.

I received my undergraduate degree in arts management from the O’Neill School in 2020 and am currently working on a dual MAAA-MPA graduate degree here at O’Neill. My interests are predominately centered around organizations that deploy arts and culture as a vehicle for quality of place development and community attachment. However, I also have experience with large for-profit venues that focus on major touring acts promoted through companies like Live Nation as well as experience in nonprofit performing arts organizations.

Outside of my studies I enjoy participating in the vibrant arts and culture scene in Bloomington including Lotus World Music Festival and Midway Music Festival as well as First Thursdays Festivals. Additionally, I am a drummer and have played in local bands as well as for the Singing Hoosiers here on campus. For me, my artistic practice reinforces my passion to be a facilitator connecting arts and audiences.

My goal with the CAE Career Community is to provide resources and opportunities that are responsive to your interests and needs as well as introduce you to facets of the arts you haven’t experienced before. Additionally, I want to provide a space for you to connect with your peers as this field is deeply rooted in relationships which lead to new opportunities and innovative collaborations.

The goals and effectiveness of the CAE Community is most fully realized when there is a two-way street of communication. Each of you brings a unique background and passion for the arts which is something I’d love to hear about. Please reach out with ideas, upcoming events, questions, concerns, or anything else that comes to mind. I am here to support you in your professional development but also as a friend who is here to listen and share in our love for the arts.

I really look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. Never hesitate to reach out if you’d like to chat. You can schedule an appointment with me in Handshake or reach out via email – eriashby@iu.edu – to schedule a time that works for you. I wish you all a wonderful semester and look forward to connecting soon.

All my best,

Eric

By Eric Ashby
Eric Ashby Eric Ashby